St. James the Less & St. Helen https://www.dioceseofbrentwood.net/donations?parish=colchester
St. Joseph, Mile End https://www.dioceseofbrentwood.net/donations?parish=colchester-c
St. Cedd & St. Gregory https://www.dioceseofbrentwood.net/donations?parish=colchester-b
St. Theodore of Canterbury https://www.dioceseofbrentwood.net/donations?parish=colchester-d
Read Bishop Alan's 2020 Easter pastoral letter here.
Welcome to St. James the Less and St. Helen Catholic Church.
St. James the Less and St. Helen Catholic church is an open and growing community located in the historic town of Colchester in England.
Our main building is located in Priory Street, Colchester. Mass centres are located in other areas of the town.
FACEMASKS. It is now a legal requirement that facemasks or coverings are worn when entering all places of worship (unless you are medically exempt or under 11yrs).
Dear Parishioners and Friends,
Despite all the restrictions, let us be thankful that we can once again gather together, despite social distancing, as Godís people
Please note the following norms
which remain in place in order to promote a COVID 19 safe environment :-
- Churches will open 15 minutes before start of Private Prayer & Mass
- Entrance to Church will be via the main door, exit by the side door
- Hand sanitiser is available at entrance and exit, though you may bring your own
- It will be essential that people sit where they are asked and do not move from there
- The use of face covering/mask in Church is now mandatory (please donít forget yours when attending Church) and that you wear it so that it covers both your mouth and nose.
- Social distancing must be maintained at all times within Church.
- An Offertory Collection box will be situated at entrance and exit; the donation station is also useable
- No touching of Statues or Images in Church
- Toilets will be closed except for genuine emergencies.
- We are still required to have Church stewards daily for private prayer and the church will be cleaned in readiness for the next morning.
THE PARISH STEWARDS ARE HERE TO HELP AND DIRECT YOU TO YOUR SEAT(S), PLEASE BE POLITE TO THEM AS THEY CAN ASK YOU TO LEAVE THE CHURCH IF YOU DO NOT COMPLY WITH PRESENT GOVERNMENT AND DIOCESAN REGULATIONS.
Anyone displaying symptoms of Covid-19, or who has reason to believe that they have been in contact with someone who has, should not attend church or volunteer in any capacity until they have received medical advice that it is safe to do so.